We are so pleased that you have checked out our website! We hope that you have found it to be informative about the many ministries offered at Christ the Lord. All of the worship services, ministry events and small groups of the congregation are open to members and non-members alike. If you want more information about becoming a member of the congregation, here are some opportunities to get to know us better.
- Worship with us regularly. This is the best way to get to know us and a sense of the flavor of the congregation.
- Meet the Pastor: On the first Sunday of each month, the pastor is available around 12:00 noon in the Sanctuary to visit informally. Come meet us, hear a bit about the congregation, ask your questions and voice your thoughts. We’d love to meet you!
- Learning About the Lutheran Faith: Being a Lutheran Christian involves on-going learning about God, Jesus, the Bible and life in the community of faith. You can explore elements of the Lutheran faith on this website under “What Lutherans Believe”. Learning opportunities are available through our Sunday School classes, various Bible studies and retreats as well. Please visit our Adult Ministry and Fellowship Ministry pages to learn more.
Becoming a Member
Formally joining a congregation is an important decision, showing that you support its vision and ministry and desire to make it your own. Please take your time and church shop as much as you like. Meet the Pastor is designed to inform your decision, and you are also more than welcome to contact us anytime! Our phone number is 770-963-4499.
If Christ the Lord matches your spiritual needs and style, great! As a visitor, feel free to participate in any activity or event (except voting at a formal meeting or serving on the Congregation Council).
If you decide to join Christ the Lord, here’s a bit of the process:
- Membership Profile Form: You can get this form through Jenny Lanning, Director of New Member Ministries, (ext. 120), in the church office, or online. If you are transferring your membership from another congregation, this form will guide our office staff in requesting a transfer. If you are an adult or child who desires to be baptized, please speak with Jenny or the Pastor!
- Church Participation: Joining a congregation is just part of your faith journey. You are then called to grow in faith and service. Church members are expected to support the ministry of the congregation with their time, their financial gifts, their prayers, and their enthusiasm. In addition to regular worship, find something of interest to participate in and support! You will be blessed beyond your imagination!