Meditation has a greater emphasis on listening. Prayer is a learned conversation taught to us by God. The disciples ask Jesus to teach them how to pray and his answer was our Lord’s Prayer. But Jesus did much more. He modeled prayer. My experience is prayer is more about a change in me, but that is not to say that God cannot change the world around me. God ask us to knock and request our needs and the needs of others. It is as if God expects us to pray and by practicing pray we discover just all that he will do in our behalf. Jesus prayed over the disciples and even promised to pray over all of us. When I think about Jesus praying to the Father in my behalf, I am strengthened for the road ahead of me. If we do not believe that God will listen to us then prayer will not last. But I think it is important for us to look to see if God is answering our prayer. Out first notion of an answered prayer is the beginning of hope filled life. The more I pray; the more I am encouraged to pray. I am at a stage in my life that I wear his ears out. Do…
- What one simple thing would you like to pray for to God? Pray it.
- When you pray do you expect God to listen and respond? If God ask us to pray, then why should we think otherwise? Be bold in prayer, but be willing to change you thoughts and ways to God’s way so that your desires align with his.
- Know that God is praying for you when you can’t find the words to say. At those times just sit with him. Let him speak for you.
- If you pray for something and you never get an answer or the answer that you wanted, maybe the next prayer is to ask why.
- Praise God in pray even when everything isn’t going your way.